Reinstalling Real Tone Cable drivers
To reinstall the drivers for your cable, please follow these steps:
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers tab by clicking on the small triangle.
- Locate Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Once the process has finished, unplug the Real Tone Cable from your computer.
- Plug the Real Tone Cable back into your USB port and let it automatically install the new drivers.
Changing privacy settings
A recent update for Windows 10 has made changes to the privacy settings for certain devices. This means that by default, microphone access for applications is blocked.
To adjust the privacy settings for your microphone, please follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings by right-clicking the Windows logo located on your taskbar and select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on Privacy.
- Select on Microphone from the list on the left.
- Ensure the Let apps use my microphone option is set to On.
This should fix the issue, however if the problem persists, feel free to contact us!