If you are receiving any multiplayer connection issues, or having trouble connecting to a multiplayer game please try the following:
- Start by testing your Xbox network connection with the following steps:
1. Start at the Xbox 360 dashboard
2. From the My Xbox menu scroll to the far right to System Settings
3. Choose Network Settings
4. Select your connection type (wired or wireless)
5. Choose Test Xbox network connection
- If this test shows your connection as either moderate or strict then you will most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to Xbox network. In this case, please try the steps below:
1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your Xbox 360, Modem, and Router and wait about 15 - 30 seconds
2. Fully power up your modem
3. Fully power up your router
4. Turn on your Xbox 360 and test the Xbox network connection again.
- At this point if you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports within your router:
- Finally, if this does not solve your problem try placing your Xbox 360 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.
For more information, please visit the Xbox Support Article on this subject.