Before starting to follow the steps below, please make sure you have a valid PSN Plus subscription active on your PSN account. You are required to have a valid PSN Plus subscription in order to play the game on Multiplayer mode.
If you are having trouble connecting to co-op games, please try the following:
Start by testing your network connection with the following steps:
1. Start at the PS4 Main Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Select Network
4. Then select Test Internet Connection Test
If this test shows your connection as NAT type 3, then you will most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.
Note: You can visit the Sony PS4 manual website for additional details regarding the connection test http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html
There are three possible NAT types:
NAT Type 1
- NAT Type 1 has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players.
NAT Type 2
- NAT Type 2 will have some restrictions and will be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
NAT Type 3
- NAT Type 3 may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.
If your NAT type is 2 or 3, please try the steps below:
1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your PS4, Modem, and Router and wait about 15 - 30 seconds
2. Fully power up your modem
3. Fully power up your router
4. Turn on your PS4 and test the network connection again
At this point if you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.
PlayStation Network Required Ports
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 4646
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480
Finally, if this does not solve your problem, try establishing a direct connection to your modem (bypass the router) and retry.