Growtopia is an Open World 2D MMO (Massively-Multiplayer Online) Sandbox Game where everyone is a hero!
It’s multiverse of unlimited worlds with astonishing opportunities to have fun, build stuff and meet new friends.
There are no limits for fun – just countless worlds where you create literally anything – castles, dungeons, skyscrapers, artwork, and puzzles - even your favorite movie scenes!
But with great possibilities comes great responsibility.
The Internet has become an integral part of our and our children's lives. A world has opened up which offers many positive opportunities.
However, it’s crucial to stay alert knowing how to be safe online. It is therefore important for parents to know how their children use the Internet, talk to them regarding the risk of going online and teach them how to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
What is the age rating of Growtopia?
Can someone steal my child's items/account? How can I prevent it?
Is my child's personal information safe in Growtopia?
How can I protect my child online and in Growtopia?
Can I block in-app purchases?
Does playing Growtopia cost money?
It is also important for the players to stay alert outside the game and avoid accessing suspicious websites or sharing their personal information, as this may result in personal account data leak and loss of in-game progress.
Ubisoft will never ask for any credentials - if a website or any entity asks for the account password, it is fraudulent.
In order to enhance account safety, we recommend that everyone creates a GrowID* in game and enables Advanced Account Protection.
personal social network accounts
personal pictures or videos
• Never agree to meet in real life with anyone you met online without previous parent approval and/or supervision of that meeting.
• Never respond to a threatening email, text message or text – and if such situation occurs, immediately inform your parents if they are unaware about the situation for the best course of action.
• Always tell a parent or other trusted adult about any communication or conversation that you felt was scary or hurtful.
• Keep the usage of the electronic devices in common areas. This way you will be able to watch and monitor the usage.
We also strongly advise not leaving young children unsupervised at their online activities.
• Keep your credit card in a safe place and keep track of the statements/bills for any unfamiliar changes.
• Stay alert to your child’s online behaviour.
To do that go to Options > Personal Settings > Disable In-App Purchase options.
On PC, we recommend withholding from saving PayPal credentials to prevent further purchases from being made.
However, Growtopia does offer a number of IAPs that help players progress or provide a nice cosmetic touch.
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions!
*GrowID feature is only available on PC and mobile