- Make sure your computer meets the full minimum requirements for this game. to view the minimum requirements for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
- Your desktop color depth MUST be set to True Color (32 bit).
- If you are playing on Windows XP, disable the Sticky Keys in Windows. To do this .
- If you have an nVidia based video card (GeForce3 / GeForce4 / GeForce FX / 6000 family), make sure you have the latest video drivers installed. You can get these drivers from http://www.nvidia.com.
- If you have a ATI based video card (Radeon 8500 or higher family), make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can get these drivers from http://www.ati.com.
- If you have any third party Windows themes installed such as Window Blinds, you may need to disable them before playing. Windows Blinds can be disabled through Display Settings -> WindowBlinds->Click 'Yes' to unload.
- If you have any virtual drive programs such as Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, Nero, etc, completely disable and unmount any virtual drives associated with the program. In some cases, you may need to uninstall the virtual drive software to play the game.
Also note that on lower end supported 64MB video cards, we recommend playing with minimal specs (minimal resolution 640x480; minimal shadow resolution and minimal shadow details) to avoid any crashes.
For more information on the Splinter Cell series, please visit http://www.splintercell.com.