First, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. Download the latest version of DirectX here.
You will also need to connect the Rocksmith Real Tone cable to your PC by plugging it into an available USB port.
1. Hold down the Windows key and the R key at the same time to open a search box.
2. In the Open box, type mmc devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3. Click the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand that list.
4. Right click on either Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter or USB Microphone.
6. Unplug the USB and separate the breakaway section of the cable then reconnect it.
7. Plug the USB back into a different USB port
8. The computer will automatically install the driver.
9. Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
10. Select Recording devices.
11. Double-click the entry for the Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter. It will display as a 000019027 device.
12. Choose the Levels tab at the top.
13. Increase the level to 100.
14. Chose the Advanced tab.
15. Change to DVD Quality. Click Apply and then OK.
Your cable should now be optimized correctly.