What Is Last Stand?
Last Stand is a new competitive mode that takes place in an instanced version of the Dark Zone, separate from the main game population. It pits two teams of eight agents against each other in a fight to control terminals and upload crucial data before the other team can do the same. Fighting with enemy agents will be a big part of the conflict, so Last Stand does not include traditional Dark Zone mechanics like being labeled a Rogue agent or losing XP and currency upon death.
However, it’s not just the enemy teams you need to worry about. Last Stand maps feature NPCs that will guard key control points, with stronger foes protecting central control points. If you kill these NPCs, you can earn SHD tech, which can then be spent at boost stations to unlock a variety of temporary bonuses and aid your team, like turrets for your base, faster data upload speeds, or a pulse to alert you when enemies are too close to your base. These stations will only be available after certain match criteria are met, so plan accordingly, and remember the enemy has access to the same boosts.
- SHD tech data relays loaded with operational information were left behind in the DZ when the JTF was forced to withdraw. Rogues have targeted these data relays and are attempting to access what is inside. Engage in 8 versus 8 PvP combat and secure the data before the Rogues can.
- Fight to control three key tactical locations on one of four Dark Zone maps.
- In order to capture a tactical location, the team will need to control three objectives inside the location. Once the tactical location is secured, the team will begin scoring points.
- First team to reach the max score wins.
- To help propel their team to victory, players can activate powerful fortifications and SHD tech tactical boosts.
New Incursion: Stolen Signal
- Stolen Signal takes place in a civilian TV Broadcast center taken over by the infamous Rikers gang.
- Players will venture into three different wings and face unique combat scenarios. Each encounter is meant to push players to play tactically and make the best use of their builds.
- All wings bring their own challenges and rewards; completing all of them will unlock the final boss fight and the strongest opposition yet.
How To Access
To launch Last Stand, head to the Terminal downstairs of the Base of Operations, and look for the Tactical Terminal located near the Recalibration Station. Approaching the Tactical Terminal will give you the option to enter Last Stand.
PC (Uplay and Steam): Last Stand was released February 28. Note: Update 1.6 required.
Xbox One: Last Stand was released February 28. The Last Stand DLC will need to be manually downloaded and installed from the Xbox Marketplace. Note: Update 1.6 required.
PS4: Last Stand was released February 28. The Last Stand DLC will need to be manually downloaded and installed from the PlayStation Store. Note: Update 1.6 required.
Ensuring The Content Is Installed Correctly
- While on the Home screen, scroll to the right and locate My games and apps. Highlight it and press A on your controller to select it
- Locate your game then press the Menu button on your controller
- Select Manage game
- In the Ready to install column, find the extra content you wish to install, highlight it and press A to start the installation.
-From the PS4 home screen, highlight the game that the content belongs to and then press down on the controller.
-On the left, select Playstation Store.
-Select Your Add-Ons and press X to see a complete list.
-Check if the content you are looking for appears here and is marked as installed.
-Sometimes, content that was purchased does not download and install automatically. In those cases, the download needs to be triggered manually. To do this go to the PS Store on your console and look for the item you want to install (e.g. DLC). Once you have located the content, click the button Download.
If the button displays a price instead of a download option, the item is not detected as purchased. If the item was purchased or should be included in your season pass, please contact PLAYSTATION SUPPORT.
- Launch Uplay PC
- In the menu on the top, click on Game
- Find your game and click on its tile
- Scroll down on this new page to find the Owned DLC section
-Most of the extra content should download and install automatically, but if this is not the case, an Install button should appear next to the name of the content. Clicking on it will launch the download then installation.
- Launch Steam
- Click on Library in the menu at the top
- In the menu on the left, click on the game
- Scroll down to find the DLC section
-Next to the name of the content, you'll see a tick box. Ticking or unticking it will mark the content for download and installation. Note that you may need to tick / untick the box twice for the action to register properly and you may need to verify the game files.