To resolve this issue do the following:
1. Open your Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sound, and select the Sound option.
2. On the Sound window, select the Playback tab.
3. 4-Bose USB Audio should be set as the Default Device. Select 4-Bose USB Audio device, and click the Configure button.
4. By default, you will see Surround 5.1. Click next and then Uncheck all. This will force your speakers output into stereo. Click next, and select finish.
5. Rocksmith 2014 should now be working properly.