- Please make sure you have installed the DirectX version that came with the game.
- explore Disc 1 and look for the DXSETUP.exe from the path Disk1\Support\DirectX.
- Double click on the DXSETUP.exe file to install the directx version that came with the game.
If you did install directx that came with the game, try adding the switch -dxlevel 90c to the games shortcut.
To do this:
- Right-click on the shortcut for the single player game on your desktop and then select Properties.
- When the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Properties window pops up, look for the Target box, it should read "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe"
- Move the blinking cursor to the end of the path after the quotation marks.
- press the Spacebar once and then type in: -dxlevel 90c.
- It should now look like this "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe" -dxlevel 90c.
- Click on Apply and then click OK.
Try launching the game. Your issue should now be resolved.