1. Start at the PS3 XMB.
2. Scroll to Settings.
3. Choose Network Settings.
4. Select Internet Connection Test.
If this test shows your connection as a NAT Type 3 then you most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.
There are three possible NAT types:
- NAT Type 1 has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players.
- NAT Type 2 will have some restrictions and will be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
- NAT Type 3 may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.
1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your PS3, modem and router and wait 15 - 30 seconds.
2. Fully power up your modem.
3. Fully power up your router.
4. Turn on your PS3 and test the network connection again.
If you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.
PlayStation Network Required Ports
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
Driver: San Francisco Required Ports
TCP: 14155, 14156
Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturer's website.
Please visit https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000024619 for more information.
If this does not solve your problem, try placing your PlayStation 3 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.
If you continue to have trouble, please submit a support ticket.
Please include a full description of your problem, any error messages you may have received, and the following images:
-Your port forwarding / virtual server configuration, which will allow us to view the ports and your network IP.
-Your device's network configuration, showing the Manual (Static) IP you are using.