No, you don’t need a Facebook account to play CSI: Hidden Crimes (we also support Apple’s Game Center). However, we do encourage you to connect your account to Facebook!
Not only did we plan many extra fun features that you can access by playing with friends, but this is also the only way for you to sync your progression and avoid losing it if you uninstall then re-install the game!
I can’t connect to Facebook. What should I do?
Make sure you have allowed the application to access your basic information, and of course, make sure you have a valid Facebook account!
If I uninstall then reinstall the game, will I lose my progress?
Not if your game is connected to Facebook, in which case your progression is saved. If you are not connected to Facebook, you will lose everything when uninstalling the game.
Can I play on multiple devices?
Yes, you can! However, if you want your progression to be the same on all devices, you have to use the Facebook Connect feature on all of your devices, using the same Facebook account.
How do I connect to Facebook?
You can connect to Facebook whenever you are prompted to do so:
- A pop-up invites you to connect to Facebook when you want to invite friends, to add teammates or share stuff with your Facebook friends – if you are not already connected.
- You are also invited to connect at the end of an investigation scene on the leaderboard panel to brag about your score.
- To connect, simply touch the identified button whenever it becomes available.
- From the MAIN SCREEN touch the CONNECT button with the Facebook Icon.
- From the SETTINGS menu tap on the SOCIAL tab and touch the CONNECT to Facebook button.
If I connect to Facebook, will you spam my friends?
We are not that kind of social game. We will ask you if you want to share your achievements as well as if you want to make some posts automatic. In any case, your choices can be modified later on.
How do I invite my friends to play the game?
If you are connected with Facebook, you can invite any of your friends to download and play CSI: Hidden Crimes!
Here are several ways to do so:
- Via the TEAMMATE interface (available through the MAP buttons);
- By asking Friends for Energy (available through the ADD ENERGY buttons);
- Via the SCORE screen leaderboard;
- Via the SELECT A PARTNER screen (just before investigating a Crime Scene);
- Via the banner on the right of the MESSAGE interface.
Those actions will open the friends request window. Select the friends you want to connect with by tapping the tick box next to your friends’ Facebook icons - or tap the SELECT ALL button to take the entire list. Tapping the SEND REQUEST button will direct your invitation to your friends.
Why should I invite my friends to play the game?
You get three main benefits by inviting your friends to play CSI: Hidden Crimes:
- Offering gifts (and receiving some too!) & showing you’re a good teammate;
- Exchanging Energy with them to play longer;
- Adding them as teammates to get additional GOLDEN WORDS when exploring a scene, hence higher score & faster progression in the game!
The game is acting weird (ie: Doesn’t load, is slow, crashes, etc.), what should I do?
If you have any slow performance issues or crashes in the game, please report the problem by going to SETTINGS --> INFORMATION tab --> REPORT PROBLEM button. Please note that we won’t answer your email but we will do our best to fix your issue.
If you would like to contact Ubisoft Support directly by sending in a webmail ticket, please scroll down on this page, and click Contact Customer Support.
If the game does not load, please try to re-install the game. Don’t forget to use Facebook Connect before that to save your progression. You don’t want to start it all over again, now do you!
How do I contact your player support?
First, check the content of this page (Frequently Asked Questions) for your question and its answer.
If you don't find your answer here, you have 3 options:
- Check our troubleshooting page FAQ, which might have the solution to your problem.
- Access the CSI: Hidden Crimes forums where you will find more questions asked by other players with our answers.
- Contact Ubisoft Support by scrolling down on this page, and click Contact Customer Support.