You’ll earn Renown for just about everything you do in Rainbow Six Siege, from completing Situations and Terrorist Hunt games, to playing in Online Multiplayer matches. Renown will be the base currency that you’ll use to progress through the game. It can be used to unlock operators, weapons and weapon skins.
Renown can also be used to unlock post-launch gameplay content. Below are some examples of gameplay that will influence how much Renown you earn:
- Winning or losing a match
- Kills / Assists / Revives
- Playing Ranked matches will earn more Renown than Unranked
- Killing a Teammate will have a negative impact on Renown earned
- You can also earn Renown through Daily Challenges, or actions like watching tutorials.
What are “R6 credits”?
R6 Credits are the optional currency that can be purchased in game. R6 Credits can be used to buy Renown Boosters, allowing you to generate Renown at a faster rate. R6 credits can also be used to purchase a select few premium weapon skins. Finally, they can also be used to unlock new operators instead of using Renown. There will be 5 packages available at launch (600, 1200, 2670, 4920, 7560) with the higher bundles offering a greater value for money.