1. Navigate to the Account Management website, and log in to your Ubisoft account.
2. Click on the Security tile.
3. Navigate to the 2-Step verification section.
4. Click on the Activate button.
5. Click on the Google Authenticator tab.
6. Click on the Choose button.
7. In the pop-up that appears, click on the Recovery phone number field, and type in your phone number.
8. Click on the Add button.
9. Locate the security code sent to your phone. If you have not received a code, you can click on the Send a new code option in the Add a recovery phone number pop-up.
10. Click on the blank field, and type in the 6 digit code that was sent to your phone.
11. Click on the Submit button.
12. A pop-up will appear, informing you that an email has been sent to you to start the process of activating 2-Step Verification on your account. Click on the Got It! button.
13. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, check your spam and promotions folders. After you've located the email, click on the link provided in the email.
14. Log in to your Ubisoft account if prompted.
15. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the 2-Step Verification setup.
If, during the guided set-up process, Google Authenticator is not accepting your temporary code, you may have to troubleshoot Google Authenticator.
At the end of the set-up process, you will be presented with six recovery codes. They will also be sent to the email associated with your account. Take a screenshot of the codes or copy them down and store them in a secure place.
If you do not have access to a smart mobile device or if you would to try a different method, you can activate 2-Step Verification with your email address instead! Additionally, you can make changes to the verification method or deactivate the 2-Step Verification at any time. Note that you also have the option to manage trusted devices. Feel free to contact Ubisoft Support if you have any questions.