To resolve your connection issues:
- You will need to make sure that your firewall (if you're using one) allows Call of Juarez access to the Internet (please remember that Windows XP has built-in firewall).
- Ports needed to be opened are from 26000 to 26200, although this can be set in the server settings section of the game. Please make sure that you have the latest firmware updates for your router from the manufacturers website.
You can find instructions for port forwarding here
- If you are using two network interfaces (i.e. one for LAN card and second as modem for Internet connection) disable the one not responsible for Internet connection in order to connect to the master server and join online games.
- The game version of both server and client must be the same in order to accomplish connection. A green icon before the server name tells you that you will be able to connect to this server.
- The server might be running maps you do not have - in this case you will not be able to connect to that server.