Start by testing your Xbox live connection with the following steps:
- Start at the Xbox 360 dashboard.
- From the My Xbox menu scroll to the far right to System Settings.
- Choose Network Settings.
- Select your connection type (wired or wireless).
- Choose Test Xbox Live connection.
You can also view your NAT type directly inside the multiplayer menus in the top right corner.
Selecting Online from inside the Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer menu will provide a more detailed description of your NAT settings.
There are three possible NAT types:
1.) Open NAT (Green)
- Open NAT has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players
Moderate NAT (Orange)
- Moderate NAT will have some restrictions and be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
Strict NAT (Red)
- Strict NAT may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.
If your NAT type is moderate or strict, please try the steps below:
- Restart your network hardware. Turn off your Xbox 360, Modem and Router and wait about 15 - 30 seconds
- Fully power up your modem
- Fully power up your router
- Turn on your Xbox 360 and test the Xbox Live connection again.
TCP: 53, 80, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074
Assassin's Creed 3 Required Ports
TCP: 80, 443
If after configuring the ports you are still having connection issues, try placing your Xbox 360 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.