Before you enable the option to get recovery codes by text message in case you lose access to your Google Authenticator App, please review the following information:
• Account recovery via text message is not a replacement for the 2-Step-Verification to secure your Ubisoft account
• A mobile phone number can only be associated with a single Ubisoft account
To enable the recovery option via text, you simply have to add your current mobile phone number to your account and confirm it:
• Switch to the Security settings and scroll down until you see the section Security phone number
• Click on Add my phone number next, you will receive a pop up that allows you to choose the country code for your phone number and a field to enter a valid mobile phone number
• After providing your phone number, click on Next. Confirm the chosen number with Yes or choose No to return to the previous step and provide a different number
• You will now have to enter a 6 digit code that you will have received by text on the chosen mobile phone number. Once you have entered it, click on Next to complete the verification of the mobile phone number.
In case you lose access to valid security codes anymore (either generated by the Google Authenticator App or through recovery codes) you can request a security code via text. Log in on the account management webpage and when prompted to confirm the seconds step, click on Or click here to receive a code by SMS to get a security code.
Once you have added a mobile phone number to your Ubisoft account, you can change or remove it with the respective option, by following the on-screen instructions.
Should you encounter difficulties adding your phone number or if you have further questions, feel free to contact us!