Test your connection to Xbox network
Start by testing your Xbox network connection with the following steps:
1. Start at the Xbox 360 dashboard.
2. From the My Xbox menu scroll to the far right to System Settings.
3. Choose Network Settings.
4. Select your connection type (wired or wireless).
5. Choose Test Xbox network connection.
Performing the Xbox network connection test
If this test shows your connection as either Moderate or Strict then you will most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to Xbox network and other players. In this case, please move onto the next step. Restart your network hardware
1. Turn off your Xbox 360 and your Modem/Router and wait for 15 - 30 seconds. Port Forwarding
2. Fully power up your Modem/Router (it may take a couple of minutes to re-establish your connection).
3. Turn on your Xbox 360 and test the Xbox network connection again by following the steps at the beginning of the article.
At this point if you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports within your router from your PC:
TCP: 80, 443
UDP: 9000, 21120
Example of port forwarding, this is done from your PC and will differ between devices
Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website or by contacting your internet service provider. DMZ
If this does not solve your issue, try placing your Xbox 360 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry. Traffic throttling / Blocked ports
Please contact your Router manufacturer for guidance on doing this step.
There may also be certain restrictions set by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports. Still having problems?
If you continue to have trouble after completing the above steps, please contact support
and include a full description of your problem along with any error messages you may have received.