2. Scroll down and choose Display Settings.
3. Select Video Output Settings from the list.
4. On the next screen, choose HDMI.
5. On the select a setting method screen, choose Custom.
6. The next screen will show all of the supported resolutions, uncheck all of them except for 1080p.
7. Push the direction pad to the right and then press to save the settings.
Please note that you must have your PS3 connected via an HDMI cable and the TV must also support 1080p. Refer to your TV’s documentation for this information.