- Please contact your controller manufacturer to ensure your controller is installed correctly, and the both Windows and DirectX properly recognizes the controller. You may also need to visit the manufacturer's website to ensure you are using the most recent software and drivers for the controller. This will ensure that your Red Storm game can use the controller properly.
- Once your controller is properly recognized in windows, you can configure it for use with Rogue Spear, by following these steps:
- Start Rogue Spear, click on Options.
- Click the "remap keys" option
- Find the action you would like to assign to a button. Single click on this action to highlight the key.
- Press the button you wish to perform this action. The button number should appear in the right column.
- You can assign joystick axes to specific movements in the joystick section of the options screen.
- exit the options and start a training session to get use to the new controls.
- You can also use the software that comes with your controller setup the controller for use in Rogue Spear. To do this, your Joystick / Gamepad must include software that allows you to assign keyboard strokes to movement and buttons.
For example, using one of Microsoft's Sidewinder line of controllers, you could use the Sidewinder software to assign keystrokes to joystick buttons. Contact your controller manufacturer for instructions on assigning keystrokes to movement and buttons. This is only possible through the use of the controller software and not through Rainbow Six or Eagle Watch.
Only for Advanced Users:
If your joystick includes software to map keystrokes to the joystick buttons and directional pad or joystick movement, this is most likely the best option.
NOTE: before trying this, check your joystick / gamepad documentation to ensure your controller has this ability to assign keystrokes to movement and that you are able to change these configurations. The following is a loose guideline of how to accomplish this task:
- Using the joystick software, assign keystrokes to the directional pad or joystick, as well as all of your joystick buttons.
- Start Rainbow Six, go into options, and turn all joystick options off (uncheck use joystick). Rogue Spear should continue to think you are using a keyboard.
- Start a training mission to get used to the feel of the controls.
- If you have trouble mapping keys in this manner, you should contact your joystick manufacturer for help in assigning keystrokes.