If you have a retail disc copy of the game, here is how to install it on your PC:
1. Insert the disc into your drive to start. If it does not autoplay, you can navigate to the disc drive and double-click the Setup.exe file in the Rocksmith 2014 folder to get started.
If you do not have the game disc or simply wish to install Steam from their website, consult this article to check the Steam installation process.
Once Steam is installed and you are logged in, you can skip to Step 6 below to enter your Rocksmith 2014 key.
2. Choose Install Rocksmith 2014 from the menu.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts for the installation.
Accept the License Agreement then click Next.
4. Select where you would like Steam installed then click Install
5. Rocksmith is a SteamWorks game, which means it uses the Steam application to install and launch the game. Login (if you already have a Steam account) or create a new Steam account to proceed.
6. Steam should automatically open to the Steam Store. From there, click on + ADD A GAME at the bottom left and select Activate a Product on Steam.
7. Select Next.
8. Next, you will see the Steam Subscriber Agreement. Select I AGREE to continue
9. Use the paper insert that came inside the Rocksmith 2014 game case to activate your product.
Enter the key exactly as shown on the insert, using all capital letters and including the dashes.
It should look like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Click NEXT when finished.
10. Next, you will see the End User License Agreement. Select I AGREE to continue.
11. The next screen will prompt you to install the game.
Make sure you have enough free space on your selected hard drive. Click NEXT when ready to proceed.
12. Check the corresponding boxes if you wish to create shortcuts. Click NEXT to proceed.
13. The game will now download and install. When complete, check the box next to View Steam Library and select FINISH to proceed.
14. You will now be at the Steam Library. Here is where your game(s) will be listed. Select Rocksmith 2014 from the list pane and choose PLAY.
15. Next, you will see a prompt for your Rocksmith 2014 CD key.
Press COPY KEY TO CLIPBOARD then choose PLAY.
You can also click "Don't show me this again" if you don't want to see this key prompt each time you open the game.
16. The game will now launch. Go through the intro screens until you reach the Rocksmith main page. Press ENTER on your keyboard to begin.
17. Next, create a Ubisoft account or login to your existing Ubisoft account.
18. Enter the CD key that you copied to your clipboard in step 13. Paste it into the field by pressing the CTRL (Control) key and the letter V at the same time (CTRL+V).
19. Create your in-game profile and enjoy the game.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our support team.