- Start at the PlayStation 4's Dynamic Menu.
- Press up to go to the Function Bar (at the top of your screen).
- Scroll to Settings and press X.
- Navigate to Network > Test Internet Connection.
If the test shows your connection as NAT Type 3, communication with other PS4 systems might be impossible, or you may encounter problems connecting to the network. If the connection fails, please follow the instructions on the screen.
If the connection shows at NAT Type 3, there are some steps you can try to improve general connectivity:
1. Reset your network hardware
2. Forward ports
3. Place the console into the DMZ
4. Check for external restrictions
If you need assistance with these steps, feel free to contact us.
For more information please check the PS4 manual. If you need further assistance improving your PS4's internet connection, we recommend you contact Sony Support.