Please perform each of the checks below:
Test your connection to the Internet
Start by testing your network connection with the following steps:
1. Start at the PlayStation 4's Dynamic menu.
2. Press up to go to the Function bar (at the top of your screen).
3. Scroll to Network and press X.
4. Select Test Internet Connection.
5. Select Internet Connection Test
Performing the Network connection test on PS4
If the test shows your connection as NAT Type 3, communication with other PS4 systems might be impossible, or you may encounter problems connecting to the network.
How can I fix the problem so I can play online?
Please follow the steps below to improve your Multiplayer experience:
1. Restart your network hardware
1. Turn off your PlayStation 4 and your Modem/Router and wait for 15 - 30 seconds.
2. Fully power up your Modem/Router (it may take a couple of minutes to re-establish your connection).
3. Turn on your PlayStation 4 and test the connection again by following the steps at the beginning of the article.
2. Port Forwarding
2. Port Forwarding
At this point if you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports within your router from your PC:
Ports used by the game:
TCP 80, 443, 2350-2550
Ports used by PSN:
TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3478, 3479
Example of port forwarding, this is done from your PC and will differ between devices
Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website or by contacting your internet service provider.
if this does not solve your issue, try placing your PlayStation 4 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem (where available) and retry.
4. Traffic throttling / Blocked ports
There may also be certain restrictions set by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports.
Still having problems?
If you continue to have trouble after completing the above steps, please contact support and include a full description of your problem along with any error messages you may have received.