The current version (1.22) is not compatible with the previous versions of the game when playing via network. Both the server and client must have appropriate versions of the game (1.22) in order to connect.
Notes on the Patch Installation
This patch (1.22) may be installed only over the previous version 1.21.
Changes and fixes
- Fixed an error with B-17G that made it impossible to finish a mission sometimes.
- Fixed an issue when a plane set ablaze was not counted as a ‘kill’.
- Using autopilot will not reset trim settings.
- Tuned non-adjustable trim tabs positions for aircraft so equipped (e.g. I-16 / I-153).
- Replaced Ju-88 engines with the corresponding model with correct altitude performance chart.
- Improved sea planes handling while landing and on water.
- Improved BI-1 landing behavior.
- Replaced P-40M supercharger with the corresponding one stage model.
- Tuned more precise P-40E at altitude 4.500 meters.
- Reworked AI routines for landing approach from high altitudes (when no descent points were supplied in mission builder).
- Reworked sound dampening while in the cockpit.
- Fixed issues with ground AAA sound.
- Fixed an error in sending private chat messages.
The current version (1.21) is not compatible with the previous versions of the game when playing via network. Both the server and client must have appropriate versions of the game (1.21) in order to connect.
Notes on the Patch Installation
This patch (1.21) may be installed only over the previous version 1.11.
- The first production series P-51D-5 were delivered without the dorsal fin fillet. However most aircraft had the fillet retro-fitted with a field modification kit. We have modeled the aircraft with the fillet. This will ensure skin compatibility with other D model variants. Also, in FB source code current limitation prevents us from replicating the real world P-51 fuel
- National markings on the fuselage of the Boeing B-17 needed to be moved forward due to position of the gun windows and due to the present aircraft coding system.
- A6M5 – the game models the version for the land-based runways.
New ground models
Willis MB Jeep - US
Willis MBt Jeep - US
Willis MBtc Jeep - US
M16 self-propelled AAA
Chevrolet radio truck
Diamond T 5-ton truck
Pole with wires
Pole no wires
Bunker - small caliber guns
Bunker -large caliber guns
Bunker Elevated -large caliber guns
Omaha Beach Bunker
Sandbags - Round
Sandbags - Wall
Chateau - Small
Destroyer type 7/1944
These ships are made for the use on European maps for creation of new missions. Ex.: Destroyer type 7/1944 is intended to be used for the allied forces and M-Boat – for Germany.
Normandy1 - Large historical map based on the Normandy coast and Northern France. Pre-Invasion state.
Normandy2 - Large map based on Normandy and Northern France, with a non-historical Allied base off the French coast.
Normandy3 - Large historical map based on the Normandy coast and Northern France. Post-Invasion state with 18 temporary Allied strips.
Ardennes Summer - Non-historical medium sized summer map for online and offline play, loosely based on the Ardennes region.
Ardennes Winter - Non-historical medium sized winter map for online and offline play, loosely based on the Ardennes region.
Online8Islands - non-historical map featuring a “Pacific Theater” locale for online gameplay. Can also be used for user-made single missions and short campaigns.
Changes and fixes in graphics: Perfect mode
- More realistic render of the water.
- Tuned the shades of the sea water.
- Eliminated chroma error of the water on ATI video cards (with disabled subtitles).
- Removed sun reflection artifacts on NVidia video cards with S3TC enabled.
- Improved visual appearance of the trees.
- Added an option to place better looking 3D trees in the towns and villages.
For the new trees to render it is required that: you video card has no less than 128 Mb of RAM, and BIOS AGP memory (Aperture Size) set to no less than 128 Mb. Recommeded video cards for the option are GeForce 4, GeForce 5600 and newer, ATI Radeon 9700 and newer.
To see the new trees in towns:
Make sure you’re running the game in ‘Perfect’ mode. In the ‘conf.ini’ file, in the section ‘[Render_OpenGL]’ change the following line:
Forest = 2
Forest = 3
To disable the trees and return back to normal appearance, change the parameter back to 2.
The option is released in test mode. We’re expecting video drivers update from the video card vendors to obtain full functionality of the mode. If you have less than 128 Mb of RAM on your video card, expect blinking triangle artifacts to appear on NVidia cards; on ATI cards you may see trees rapidly change their color shade and/or shape as you approach them.
Hints and Tips: How to Improve the Framerate in the ‘
- Do not set the screen resolution to larger than 1024x768.
- Disable full-screen antialiasing.
- If you suspecting trees or forests to cause the framerate drop, try lowering the Forest parameter in the ‘conr.ini’ to 1, or even to 0 (that would make forest to appear in less detail, but faster render).
- Lower the objects visibility distance.
Il-2:FB list of recommended drivers
1C:Maddox Games recommends the following video card drivers to be used with IL-2:Forgotten Battles with the best graphics options. The sim may not function properly with other driver versions due to issues outside our control.
Display Driver Version: 45.33
Release Date: October 9, 2003
Driver Build 18.104.22.168787-93-030812a1-010735c
- Corrected incorrect repeated playback error.
Corrected 3D sound engine by request of users, to prevent online sound cheating.
Users with a Sound Blaster Extigy card may need to deactivate the [Enables Extensions] from the Sound Setup of IL2:FB. When activated, some jerky sound may be heard when firing and changing views.
Users with the motherboard Asus A7N8X using the onboard audio card NVIDIA MCP2 (Chipset nForce2 SPP) may also experience these kind of sound problems, in that case turn OFF [Enables Extentions] in Sound Setup.
FM and other tunes of aircraft
Further tuning is performed on a line of aircraft:
- All Bf-109s.
- Me-262. Be aware that aircraft should accelerate slowly to maximal speed.
- La-5/7 series climb rate.
- Increased critical dive speeds for some aircraft.
- Increased roll rate of P-40 series.
- Corrected radiator-induced drag program module.
- Decreased damage durability of I-16, FW-190A-F series and some others.
- Modified the appearance of the metal-finished aircraft to appear more shining.
- Increased torque effect on a number of aircraft. Still not enough, but currently we have a limit for the greater and precise torque effect tunings.
- Fixed bug with automatic fuel mixture of P-47 series
All types of aircraft keep better formation in wayponts with decreasing of altitude.
- Added underwing payload variants for the P-51.
- Added ability to set up fuse timer for the Wfr.Gr. 21. To make the rocket operate as it was intended in real life, set the delay to 5.0 seconds.
Added new types of messages in «eventlog».
1. When users switch On or Off wingtip smokes:
...:... <aircraft> turned wingtip smokes on at ... ...
...:... <aircraft> turned wingtip smokes off at ... ...
2. When users turn on landing lights:
...:... <aircraft> turned landing lights on at ... ...
...:... <aircraft> turned landing lights off at ... ...
3. When user changes the weapon or amount of fuel before take off:
...:... <aircraft> loaded weapons '<weapons name>' fuel <N>%
4. When pilot successfully landed after bail out:
...:... <aircraft>(N) successefully bailed out at ... ...
5. Modified message 'was killed'.
...:... <aircraft>(N) was killed at ... ...
the new message is:
...:... <aircraft>(N) was killed by <initiator> at ... ...
However, if the situation was generated by the aircraft itself (e.g., the pilot was burned) or bailed out pilot was killed with the hit from the ground, then the message will be in old format:
...:... <aircraft>(N) was killed at ... ...
6. When the aircraft was damaged but not exploded after landing:
...:... <aircraft> damaged at ... ...
This message is issued only once when the aircraft is on the ground (or not yet in air, or just landed).
7. At the moment of player disconnection:
...:... <user> disconnected
The time of disconnection in the messages of client and server may be different due to naturally allowed timeouts for the connection loss situations.
Changes in Dgen and code of campaign, single and coop mode
When bailing out or crash landing over enemy territory, the player can now sometimes escape capture. It depends on the location of the front line and the closest enemy troops formation.
Other fixes and features
- Large custom skins (1024x1024) can now be used with the P.11c.
- Fixed a line of issues with incorrect radiator flap animations.
- Damaged MC 202 will no longer turn transparent.
- Added a line of USA and Great Britain regiments to use with the B-17.
- Added Japan to the list of available countries to use with added Japanese planes. 2-letter code for the custom regiment files is “ja”.