A good first step is to check the system requirements for the game.
My system meets the minimum requirements:
The game will run smoothly with lower graphical settings, but higher graphical settings will strain your system.
My system meets recommended requirements:
The game will run smoothly in the vast majority of cases, but specific graphical settings and setup need a more powerful gaming system.
Basic troubleshootingIf the game doesn't run smoothly, we would advise you to try going through basic PC troubleshooting. Especially useful steps in this situation are
- removing your console/PC from the internet and go back into the game. For some users, this seems to alleviate the framerate issue experienced.
- updating the video card drivers.
- making sure your operating system is up to date.
Change the graphic settingsAn easy way to boost performance is to head to the Graphics options screen and try turning parameters down to lower settings. To reach this screen:
- From the Main menu, select the Options tab then click on Graphics
- On this screen, you'll be able to change the Quality Preset (Graphics Quality) to a lower setting or to fine-tune your settings. Keep in mind that some of those options are more demanding than others.
- For example, try activate/disable Vsync settings as they can have an impact on your FPS rate.