In the meantime, try this workaround:
1. Navigate to the following directory:
C:\Users\*your Windows user account name*\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklist
2. Locate the following file:
3. Open this file in Notepad or another text editor.
Search for and change the number in the WindowStyleFinal=1 option so that it equals 0 or 2.
It should look like this when finished: WindowStyleFinal=0
0 = Windowed
1 = Fullscreen (default)
2 = Windowed Fullscreen
0 and 2 should both allow the game to start.
4. Save and close the videosettings.ini file.
5. Launch Splinter Cell: Blacklist as normal through Uplay.
We recommend setting it to 0 for now, and once the game loads, you can change the resolution to your monitor’s resolution and set it to “Borderless” mode, which is effectively the same as fullscreen.
Also, If your monitor is connected via an amplifier, home theater, or other similar device, try changing your setup so that the monitor is plugged directly into your PC and not being routed through another device.