• When will Imagine Town close?
Imagine Town will officially shut down on August 13th, 2012.
The exact closing hour will be provided in due course.
Diamond Memberships and Gems packs are officially closed, you will no longer be able to purchase them.
• Will the game reopen someday?
There are no plans to reopen Imagine Town. The game will shut down on August 13th along with the forum.
• Are you going to refund Memberships and Gems packs? What is the process?
All Diamond Members who still have active subscriptions on August 13th will receive a refund, following this principle:
- For 6 month and 12 month memberships: you will be refunded pro rata of the remaining game time from August 13, 2012.
- For Lifetime memberships,:
o You will be refunded based on the price difference between a 12 month and a lifetime membership ;
o In addition, you will also get a refund pro rata of the remaining game time from August 13th, 2012, and on the basis of a 12 month membership.
I registered for $24.95 dollars on April 4th 2012 for 6 months, that’s 183 days.
I am registered until October 3rd 2012.
When the game shuts down on August 13th 2012 , I will have 51 days of membership left until October 3rd
Over the course of 5 weeks, I will be refunded 51 days of my 183 day membership, that 6,95 dollars in total.
All refunds will be directly credited on your Paypal account or on the bank account corresponding to the credit card used for the purchase.
The process will be automatic, so you do not have to send any request. However, you should bear in mind that this procedure takes time; expect to be refunded over the course of 4 to 5 weeks.
Gem Packs will not be refunded. If you have purchased any previously, make sure you spend your Gems in the game before August 13th, 2012.
• Why are you closing Imagine Town? I love the game!
We love the game too. It was a very tough decision to make and we truly wish that things had turned out differently. However, despite your very active engagement with Imagine Town, we weren’t able to attract enough players and we cannot continue to operate the game. Seeing such a great and strong community develop in the game was the most gratifying experience for us as a team and we are truly going to miss everything that Imagine Town has accomplished and most of all, we will miss the community. We thought it necessary to communicate this news with you as soon as possible and deemed it necessary to give you time to adjust to the idea that the game will close.
• Why can’t you just leave the game running and not add any new stuff?
Security and quality content has always been the top priorities for the imagine Town team, it would be completely unreasonable and in contradiction with our values to leave the game running without the proper security management. We also decided that it would be better to stop now, while everyone is still enjoying the game so you can enjoy the good memories.
• Are you going to make any more Imagine games?
The Imagine brand still lives on and will continue. There are already some games on the NDS and some will soon be released on the 3DS.
• What about my character? Will it disappear forever? Can I still access my fashion content, furniture and other items?
Once the game shuts down on August 13th, you will no longer be able to access your character(s) or your content.
• Will the Imagine Town forum remain open? This is where I chat with my friends!
We understand that bonds and friendships have been created in-game and on the forum. However, the forum will close with the game on August 13th.
• Can I still access the game's main site and the "Imagine That" magazines?
Once the game closes, you will not be able to access the game’s main website or the Imagine That Magazines.
• I don't see my question addressed here. Where can I get more information?
You will need to login with your account. Please make sure to provide us your valid email address when writing your message so that we can answer you. Please check here for any more information.
• When will Imagine Town close?