Before starting to follow the steps below, please make sure you have a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription active on your Xbox account. You are required to have a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to play the game on Multiplayer mode.
If you are having trouble connecting to co-op games, please try the following:
Start by testing your Xbox live connection with the following steps:
1. Start at the Xbox One main menu
2. Press the Menu Button
3. Select Settings
4. Select Network Settings
5. Select Test Network Connection
6. Select Test Multiplayer Connection
Note: If you receive any errors in steps 5 and 6 please follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issues presented.
7. Select Detailed Network Statistics if you are experiencing lag in gameplay. If your Upspeed/Downspeed are consistently not what your Internet package includes you may need to contact your ISP.
There are three possible NAT types:
- Open NAT has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players.
- Moderate NAT will have some restrictions and will be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
- Strict NAT may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.
If your NAT type is moderate or strict, please try the steps below:
1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your Xbox One, Modem and Router and wait about 15 - 30 seconds
2. Fully power up your modem
3. Fully power up your router
4. Turn on your Xbox One and test the Xbox Live connection again.
At this point if you still have trouble, then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.
TCP: 53, 80, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Finally, if this does not solve your problem try placing your Xbox One in the DMZ of the router, or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.