Dynamic IP addresses change each time you restart your console or router.
If you made settings that rely on the IP address to stay the same (for example port forwarding), they will no longer work because the IP address has changed.
Static IP addresses do not change. This is why we recommend setting up a static IP in our connectivity troubleshooting guide.
Please note, you only need to change your local IP. Your public IP can stay unchange.
To set up a static IP address:
• Go the the Settings menu on your Xbox One.
• Under the General tab, select Network Settings, then Advanced settings.
• Take a note of the following information shown on-screen:
• Subnet mask
• Primary DNS address
• Secondary DNS address
• Enter your IP address, Subnet mask, Gateway, Primary DNS address and Secondary DNS address (in this order).
• Please note, you will need to use the LB and RB buttons on your controller to make sure the digits are in the right boxes shown on-screen
• Next, press B on your controller to go back to the Network Settings screen.
• Your Xbox One will now check your internet connection.
If the connection test fails, check you have entered all your details correctly, then try again.
For more information, please visit the Xbox website. If you need further assistance setting up a static IP, we recommend that you contact Xbox Support directly.